Your brand is sacred. It’s what makes your company unique and helps it stand out above the noise consumers and clients are faced with at any given moment. COVID-19 has not only contributed to the noise and chaos in the marketing environment, but it has also become all consuming for many brands and organizations.
There have been amazing initiatives announced from small businesses as they look to maneuver through this new climate. New, innovative services are being offered. Past competitors have become collaborators; working together to find a way to weather the storm and come out the other side somewhat intact.
While it’s important to communicate updates related to products and services, we are starting to have our feeds overrun with requests. Every social post, every newsletter, every piece of communication includes an ask; an ask to purchase a product or an ask for a donation. Storytelling has gone by the wayside and we are starting to see a loss of brand authenticity from many organizations.
Establish trust to capture support
Even during a time of crisis, consumers are more likely to support an organization they trust; one that showcases the impact of their support. So while there’s no question these are difficult times and you’re being pushed to diversify and innovate, if you really want to capture and hold onto that consumer support, don’t forget about your core values and your impact.
What do you stand for? Is your brand built on people? Show us the people! Whether you’ve had to lay off staff or whether you have people working around the clock to keep things moving forward — these are the stories that keep your brand alive.
Here are a few quick reminders on how to maintain your brand presence through COVID-19:
- Showcase your people. Put a face to your company so people can feel more connected with your brand.
- Be honest and be authentic about what you’re posting.
- Balance your content. Don’t just sell products or services. Share your impact.
- Use live platforms to showcase behind the scenes, authentic footage about what’s happening at your office, warehouse, company HQ.
- Maintain your visual look and feel on your platforms. Stay consistent and confident in your visual identity and keep it professional.
A strong brand and your authentic story is what is going to set you apart now and in the future as the world shifts back to a more physically connected society.
Stay connected. Stay safe. Stay healthy.